Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Belle's hairbow and first photoshoot pics

One of the things I didn't like about my original Belle hairbow was that I put it on a plain black elastic.  It looked "fake" to me because the ribbon didn't appear to wrap around the ponytail - it was just floating there.  When I made my new hairbow, I decided to make a bow and a scrunchie out of the same fabric. 

To make the scrunchie, I used one I already had as a template.  I made a fabric tube, which I sewed along one side then turned inside out.  I cut a piece of narrow elastic (smaller than the tube), attached a large safety pin to one side, and pulled it through the tube.  I used a zigzag stitch to sew the two ends of elastic together, and handsewed the scrunchie closed.

The bow section is a sewn rectangle of fabric with interfacing in the middle, and the center "knot" of the bow wraps around both the bow and the scrunchie, holding the two pieces together. This is glued together, and then handsewn to reinforce the connection.  The interfacing inside the rectangle keeps the bow from becoming floppy.  It might be a little too big, but I'd rather it be a little big than hard to see.


And then... a few preliminary photoshoot pictures!  The farmers' market was rained out, so the princesses had a small photoshoot instead!

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment